Here at Forest Family we love a list (oh and bullet points)! There’s something satisfying about ticking the jobs off and summarizing things succinctly… therefore we’ve made a list of school holiday outdoor ideas for you guys! Cheap wholesome fun for the whole family (you too mum’s and dad’s)! Also (in an Aussie accent:) I dare you… double dare…physical challenge (only Antipodean 80’s babes will get that one 😂), to do something off this list and then tag us on Instagram or Facebook so we can see! #whodareswins #forestfamilynz
- Climb a tree (with or without your kids)
- Climb a tree and have a picnic up it!
- Take the kids to a stream with a net, container and magnifying glass (please return the critters afterwards though). Take your book and a chair😊
- Find a new park or bush walk in your home town or city and try it (walk or bike)
- Get on the painted rock buzz! There’s sure to be a group in your area.
- Try geocaching! Who doesn’t love a treasure hunt!
- Go on a magical mystery tour (surprise the kids) and take a picnic
- Explore the local park with friends. Let the kids run wild. Take a thermos of hot chocolate for afterwards.
- Fly a kite
- Walk along the beach and be beach combers. Bring a bag for rubbish too, you good Samaritan you👍 Create something with your findings.
- Find out if there are any glow 🐛worm areas nearby and have a night adventure with friends! Listen to the sounds of the night.
- Put the tent⛺up in the backyard and have a camping adventure! Check out the stars.
- Go fishing🐟 (bait catcher’s count). The kids will love it and you. Take a book and chair if it’s not your usual thing, and gloves in case you end up baiting hooks.
- Find a hill and roll down it (you too parents)
- Make boats and race them down a stream
- Make mud pies, decorate, then throw…
- Visit your local library, find a tree and/or bird book then learn to identify the common plants and/or birds in your area. Visit whatbird to help identify calls.
- Sign up for the Department of Conservation kiwi guardians here do the activities and collect the medals! Who can collect the most???
- Teach the kids how to play spot light in the backyard, the more the merrier. Hot drinks and biscuits afterwards.
- Lie on your backs and make shapes with the clouds.
Ok, have fun out there everyone! 😊🌲🍁 Head over to our website and click the “Track Info” page for more ideas in your location.
😍Don’t forget to subscribe for more awesome information and cool stories!