- Location: Kaimai Mamaku Conservation Park, Bay of Plenty.
- Access: All Aongatete tracks start at the car park at the end of Wright Road off SH2 between Tauranga and Katikati, towards the Aongatete Outdoor Education Centre.
- DOC duration Short loop: 1 hour Forest Family: 1 hour (with three kids 4, 5 & 7 years old).
- DOC duration Long loop: 3 1/2 hours Forest Family: 3 hours with 2 adults (including a 20 minute break.)
- DOC Track Grade: Easy (short loop) the Long loop is more difficult with steep sections and several stream crossings.
- Features/Highlights: Lush forest, a “back country” forest feel, beautiful streams and waterfalls (long loop). No dogs allowed.
- Click here for the Department of Conservation track information.
Hey friend😍 why not subscribe to our blog to hear our epic amazing stories!