Aongatete- short & long loop tracks, Bay of Plenty
- Location: Kaimai Mamaku Conservation Park, Bay of Plenty.
- Access: All Aongatete tracks start at the car park at the end of Wright Road off SH2 between Tauranga and Katikati, towards the Aongatete Outdoor Education Centre.
- DOC duration Short loop: 1 hour Forest Family: 1 hour (with three kids 4, 5 & 7 years old).
- DOC duration Long loop: 3 1/2 hours Forest Family: 3 hours with 2 adults (including a 20 minute break.)
- DOC Track Grade: Easy (short loop) the Long loop is more difficult with steep sections and several stream crossings.
- Features/Highlights: Lush forest, a “back country” forest feel, beautiful streams and waterfalls (long loop). No dogs allowed.
- Click here for the Department of Conservation track information.
To read Forest Family’s blog about both of these walk click here for the short loop and here for the long loop.
Hey friend😍 why not subscribe to our blog to hear our epic amazing stories!