- Location: Raglan Area, Waikato
- Access: Car park on Kawhia Road, off Te Mata Road. The falls are well signposted from State Highway 23.
- DOC Duration: 10 – 20 minutes one way Forest Family: 15 minutes to the lookout at the top of the waterfall or 25 minutes to the lookout at the bottom. I have done this walk multiple times with kids as young as 2 and as old as 10.
- Track Grade: Easiest to top lookout and Easy to bottom of waterfall
- Highlights/Features: The track to the top of the waterfall follows the Pakoka river and is a nice wide track for wheelchairs and buggy’s, the views from the 2 platforms at the top are spectacular. The track down to the bottom consists of many steps, but there is a nice viewpoint at half way down, or up depending on which way you are going. There is a shelter and information board at the bottom of the falls and the true magnificence of the falls is revealed.
- Notes: My kids have always loved this walk and want to run the whole way, my advice would be to always keep them in view as the river is close to the track and can be nerve-racking at times. Wheelchair suitable only to the lookout at the top of the falls, Stairs down to the bottom lookout though. Toilets at the start of the track.