- Location: Castlepoint Scenic Reserve, Wairarapa
- Access: Car park is located at the end of Masterton Castlepoint Road on Wairarapa’s East Coast
- DOC Duration: 30 minutes return Forest Family: 5 minutes to the bottom of the Lighthouse and another 5 minutes up the stairs to the Castle Rock lookout platform
- Track Grade: Easiest (up to Lighthouse) Easy (from lighthouse to lookout)
- Highlights/Features: This stunning short walk is so worth a trip out to the coast, plus it has beautiful beaches all around, surf one side and a lagoon on the other which is good for the kids to have a summer dip. The boardwalk up to the Lighthouse crosses the exposed reef and the banks are filled with shell fossils, the kids thought this was amazing. The view from the platform on Castle Rock is spectacular and there are plenty of information boards to fill you in on the area and its history. Keen fisherman can be spotted fishing off the rocks on the east side of Castle Rock.
- Notes: The track starts at across a sand bar, the sand is pretty hard so I think a wheelchair and a pushchair could get across fine, though the track to the lookout platform from the base of the Lighthouse has steps so would not be suitable for wheelchairs or buggys. No Dogs. Toilets located by car park.