- Location: Karakariki Scenic Reserve, Whatawhata, Waikato.
- Access: Car park at the very end of Karakariki Valley Road, off Karakariki Road, Whatawhata
- DOC Duration: 20 Minutes one way to waterfall Forest Family: 25 minutes to the waterfall with 2 adults and 2 children aged 5-7 years old.
- Track Grade: Easy, orange triangles clear to follow (though DOC does state that this as an advanced track ….. sometimes these are so hard to understand why)
- Highlights/Features: The cascading waterfall at the end of this 25 minutes walk is a beautiful spot for little kiddies to play, have a picnic or fossil hunt beyond the falls. The track starts off through farmland but soon follows a pretty stream all the way to the waterfall. It is an easy short walk, but i would recommend gumboots, as even after a period of good weather the first ten minutes was muddy from stock and my kids had many challenges in jandals, yes not the smartest move but there sneakers were wet ….. bare feet were preferred in the end.
- Notes: No Toilet or wheelchair/buggy access. Please be aware that this track crosses private farmland, please be respectful and do not disturb stock.