- Location: Hakarimata Scenic Reserve
- Access: Car park and information board on Parker Road (part of this road is gravel), off Hakarimata Road, Between Huntly and Ngaruawahia.
- DOC Duration: 40minutes – 2hours Forest Family: 30 Minutes to Kauri Grove and seated area and 2.5 hours for the whole loop.
- Track Grade: Easy
- Highlights/Features: The walk begins with stairs, then you can take the loop track to the right which leads to a huge Kauri Tree believed to be over 1000 years old (it really makes you stop and actually think about how this tree has been alive standing there for “that long” 😮 = perspective”. After that you continue along until you get to a grove of young Kauri, there is a bench seat here to take a break and enjoy a view of the forest. You can return to the car park from there or continue up as the loop climbs to the northern lookout (if your feeling up to it – 20 minutes further is the Southern lookout).
- Notes: Not Wheelchair or Buggy friendly, no dogs allowed and no toilets.