- Location: Kaimai Mamaku Forest, Bay of Plenty
- Access: The Blade, End of Whakamarama Road, Whakamarama
- DOC Duration: 2 hrs one way Forest Family: 1.5 hours one way to the Ngamuwahine river crossing (this is roughly in line with the DOC times, as the track continues for 30 minutes after river crossing) we returned the same way. Our group was made up of two adults, two 7 and two 5 year old’s.
- Track Grade: Advanced (due to river crossing)
- Highlights/Features: Mud, mud and more mud (it was winter and kids were doing mud runs), remains of the historic tramway and a beautifully clear river with plenty of picnic spots along the way.
- Notes: This Track is pretty much flat, there are a few small stream crossings. Rivers in the area can rise very quickly after rain, hence the advanced grade. We also encountered a hunter with his hunting dogs on this track (luckily the dogs were well-trained and friendly).
- Click here to read our blog post about Forest Family’s experience on this track.