Lindemann Loop Track
- Access: Lindemann Rd, first left out of Katikati (north), drive to the end of road & park up.
- For Department of Conservation info click here
- Toilet: Yes, in car park.
- No dogs allowed
- Signage: Yes, a few minutes into the track before you head up the stairs, and there is also a kauri dieback shoe/boot clean station here.
- DOC Skill level: Advanced tramping track
- Backpack essentials: Cell phone, raincoats, food & water, plasters, a few treats (e.g. lollies), 1st aid kit + any medication.
- Want to do the whole loop? DOC website states: 11 km long and allow 5 hours to complete.
Highlights were -my 7 year-old son scrambling down the banks to get supplejack tips for everyone to try eating and our picnic spot, with views towards Katikati and the ocean
NB: This track is categorized by DOC as an advanced tramping track. There were sections of fallen trees and branches across the track so be prepared to do some scrambling.
Click here to read about our experience.