- Location: Okere Falls walking track is located 21 km from Rotorua on Trout Pool road off SH 33 (the Rotorua to Tauranga highway).
- Please be aware: Dangerously strong currents and waterfalls. Please keep to the track.
- Access: The walking track begins at the Okere Falls Scenic Reserve off Trout Pool rd, the first car park (main) you will come to. Note- there are toilets here.
- DOC Duration: 30 minutes each way Forest Family: 30 minutes each way, including checking out multiple short side tracks to viewing points.
- DOC Track Grade: Easiest: Short walk
- Highlights/Features: Okere & Tutea waterfalls, following the Kaituna river along the track, watching the rafters go over the waterfalls, Hinemoa’s steps and Tuteas cave, doing the kiwi guardians challenge, Trout pool and the bridge, we love a loop track and this one is relatively short and easy going.
- FYI– When you reach “Trout pool” and the half way point on the walk there is another car park (end of Trout Pool rd) and toilets.
- To read about my experience on this track check out the blog Okere Falls Track, Rotorua