- Location: Otanewainuku Forest, Bay of Plenty
- Access: There is a small car park, shelter and toilet located on Mountain Road. Mountain road can be accessed from Oropi road, Tauranga, or No.2 road, Te Puke.
- DOC Duration: 1.5 hour loop Forest Family: 2 Adults and 2 Children (5 and 7), it took us 50 minutes to reach the viewing platform, and another 50 minutes to come down, we also took a 30 minute lunch break at top.
- Track Grade: Easy
- Highlights/Features: Stunning 360 degree view, huge Kahikatea trees, lots of bird life and just really beautiful bush.
- Notes: When you start this track you can either take a clockwise or anticlockwise route, the clockwise direction (the way we went), is a more gradual uphill and coming down the “anticlockwise” track was steeper (big steps for little legs). Also this is a Kiwi Zone, so no dogs or mountain biking is allowed.
- Read the blog to learn about our experience on the track.