- Location: Papamoa Hills Regional Park, Bay of Plenty
- Access: Car park at Poplar Lane, Papamoa. Car park is locked from 6:30am – 7pm in winter and 6:30am – 9pm in summer.BOPRC Duration: 45 minutes one way Forest Family: 50 minutes with kids aged 6, 4 and 3.
- Track Grade: Easy (some steps at the start, and is steep)
- Highlights/Features: Well preserved Historic Pa Sites, Panoramic views over the east coast and Kaimai ranges and a small stream which offers a great spot for a break.
- Notes: No Dogs or Mountain Bikes allowed on this track. When we walked this track, the pine forest had been logged and new native planting had been done. So wasn’t the prettiest bush scene, but views and cultural history at the top were amazing and well worth it. We also walked this during summer and it was very exposed to the sun and wind, so slip, slop, slap and wrap.