- Location: Kauaeranga Valley, Thames
- Access: Carpark for Webb Creek Track is at the end of Kauaeranga road, 9km past the Visitors centre (this road is gravel and windy – please take care)
- DOC Duration: 3 hours to Pinnacles hut along the Webb Creek Track + 40 minutes to the top from the hut Forest Family: 3.5 – 4 hours to Hut + 30 minutes to top – With an 8 and 10 year old, including a few micro stops and a 20 minute snack break.
- Track Grade: Intermediate – Great Walk/Easy Tramping Track
- Highlights/Features: The views, the views, the views. Wow if you luck in on the weather – the views along the walk and from the top are jaw droppingly beautiful. We went up and down the Webb Creek Track (some of the steps up the Webb Creek Track are large even for an adult and can be slippery, so keep that in mind for little legs) We walked to the Hut the first day and did the walk to the top the next morning on fresh legs. There is a cold shower at the hut, sinks to brush teeth and a coal fire in kitchen/dining area. Kitchen also contains gas cookers, pots, cups, plates and cutlery to share + cleaning equipment – so good – though we did take our own cooker – in case of emergency (which we used outside when the kitchen was in full use – it was a fully booked night).
- Notes: Toilet also located at car park. No dogs allowed. It is recommended that you come down the Billygoat track not Webb Creek because this track is very popular and narrow and as we found out = difficult to pass in many places. The 80 bunk hut must be booked online in advance – click here to book.
Click here to check out our You Tube Channel and be sure to subscribe. You can also follow us on Facebook and Instagram