- Location: Tongaporutu, North Taranaki Coast.
- Access: Turn down Pilot Road, which is on the seaward side of State Highway 3, near Tongaporutu Bridge. Car park is just past all the bach’s on the right hand side.
- Track Grade: Easy – Beach walk, Low Tide dependant
- Highlights/Features: This beauty of a walk is a great place to stop on the long drive of State Highway 3. Just south of Mokau the Three sisters are 25m high rock formations that jut out of the sand, one with a hole through the middle of it. There used to be 4 sisters but the sea is slowly claiming them through erosion. The low tide exposes lots of great caves, rocks and treasures to explore.
- Notes: There is a Toilet located at the car park and as the sand is quite soft I wouldn’t recommend taking a buggy.