Nutshell: This is a sweet little ride to do with the family, especially if you are getting the younger ones used to riding a bit further, like I am here with my 5 year old! Its a flat, wide, easy trail with sea views of the estuary looking towards Athenree the whole way. We started at Waiiti Ave and rode to Bowentown and back ~30 minutes each way. There is a simple playground in Bowentown at the end of the trail, however there is a larger and in my opinion cooler playground in Tui Reserve which is off Bowentown Boulevard which adds on ~ 10 more minutes each way of riding.
*If you are looking for a longer ride you can start the trail opposite the Surf Shack cafe, off Emerton Rd. The trail is ~3km each way.
- Ride times with one 5 year old riding & one 7 year old.
- Take your wallet there is a cafe in Bowentown at the trail end.
- Unfortunately there are no toilets on this ride! And none at the playgrounds! In an emergency I’d say the cafe is your best bet.
- This is a popular local walking trail so expect other walkers, bike riders and dog walkers.
- Always best to be prepared with some snacks, water and a few plasters, just in case…