- Location: Hakarimata Scenic Reserve, Ngaruawahia
- Access: Car park at Brownlee Avenue, Ngaruawahia. Walking tracks start-up off the driveway of the water treatment plant.
- DOC Duration: 1 hour return Forest Family: 30 minutes to the dam. My kids have done this walk since they were babies, in the pack and then stints of walking and by about 3 and a half years old could manage the whole thing.
- Track Grade: Easy Short Walk
- Highlights/Features: This track follows along the Mangarata stream, it has plenty of bridges for Pooh Stick challenges and rock dropping. Along the track are remnants of the pipework that used to supply Ngaruawahia’s water from the dam. The dam is situated at the end of the track and on the far side of the small dam lake is a nice spot of a snack and a great place to make leaf boats and set them sail.
- Notes: Toilets are situated at the car park. Not wheelchair or buggy friendly as there are stairs.