- Location: Otanewainuku Forest, Oropi/Te Puke
- Access: Car park situated on Mountain Road, off Oropi Road, Tauranga or No 2 Road, Te Puke.
- DOC Duration: 1 hour 20 minutes one way from car park
- Forest Family Duration: 1 hour and 20 minutes spot on 👍 with two 5 year olds and a 7 year old.
- Track Grade: Easy walking track
- Highlights/Features: The waterfall was definitely the highlight for the kids. When we did this walk there was a deafening thunderstorm rolling over, so no swimming for us, though the kids dipped their feet and fed a couple of eels in the lower rock pools. We found a cool basket fungi along the way. There were huge trees that we just had to hug, and we completed the walk by finishing the rimu loop.
- Notes: There is a toilet located about 2 minutes along the trig loop walk, across the road from the car park. The Whataroa falls walk starts 15 minutes into the Rimu loop track signposted from the car park. If you decide to just do the Rimu walk it is a 45 minute loop.