- Location: Dawsons Falls Visitor Centre, Egmont National Park
- Access: From the corner of Opunake road and Manaia Road, 9 km up the mountain along Manaia Road is the Dawsons Falls Visitor Centre.
- DOC Duration: 20 minutes one way Forest Family: 20 minutes to the pools with children aged between 4 and 9 years old.
- Track Grade: Easy
- Highlights/Features: Walking through the bush here is like trekking through a goblin forest in its subalpine climate. Moss and lichen cover rocks and trunks and the trees are mostly short and look hunched over in old age. Once you reach the bridge that crosses over the Kapuni Stream there are views over the pools carved out from 20,000 year old lava and looking back down the valley are great views over south Taranaki. If you are tough and don’t mind the cold, take a dip in the “refreshing” pools before heading back down.
- Notes: Toilets located at the visitors centre, the first 900m of this track is buggy and wheelchair friendly – the rest of the track does not contain steps but does narrow in places.